Jun. 30, 2014Print(PDF/215KB)Corporate
Transfer of Marketing Rights for "Inteban", "Catlep" and "Drenison"
Teikoku Seiyaku Co., Ltd. ("Teikoku Seiyaku") (Head Office: Higashikagawa, Kagawa, Japan; President: Misako Fujioka) and Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd. ("Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma") (Head Office: Osaka, Osaka, Japan; President: Masayo Tada) announced today that the marketing rights for "Inteban®", "Catlep®" and "Drenison®" in Japan will be transferred from Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma to Teikoku Seiyaku, effective July 1, 2014. In conjunction with the transfer, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma's manufacturing and marketing approval for Inteban® in Japan will be succeeded by Teikoku Seiyaku as of the same date. As the two companies announced in their joint news release dated February 28, 2014, they concluded a memorandum of understanding on this marketing rights transfer.
After the transfer, Teikoku Seiyaku will market and sell these products through the nation-wide network of MRs (medical representatives) of its Sales and Marketing Department and provide information to medical care providers.
Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Department, Teikoku Seiyaku Co., Ltd.
Tokyo Office: 2-5 Nihonbashi-honcho 2-Chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0023
TEL +81-3-3510-3331, FAX +81-3-3510-3330
Product Information Unit; TEL 0120-189567 (toll-free from within Japan)
Even after July 1, 2014, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma will be responsible, as the contractor of Teikoku Seiyaku, for the order taking and physical distribution of the three products to pharmaceuticals wholesalers.
List of products for the marketing rights transfer
- Inteban® Ointment 1% (Externally-applied analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Inteban® SP25, Inteban® SP37.5 (Analgesic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Inteban® External use liquid (Externally-applied analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Inteban® Suppository 25, Inteban® Suppository 50 (Analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Inteban® Cream 1% (Externally-applied analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Catlep® Tape 35mg, Catlep® Tape 70mg (Externally-applied analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Catlep® Cataplasm 70mg (Externally-applied analgesic, anti-inflammatory agent)
- Drenison® Tape 4μg/cm² (Occlusive dressing therapy agent for skin diseases)
An outline of Teikoku Seiyaku:
- Representative: Misako Fujioka, President
- Location: 567 Sambonmatsu, Higashikagawa, Kagawa
- Establishment: May 1918
- Businesses: Manufacturing and sales of patch and tape formulations, traditional Chinese herbal medicines, other pharmaceuticals, quasi-drugs and cosmetics
- Accounting year: 12 months ending on December 31 each year
- Employees: 703 (as of May 31, 2014)
- Paid-in capital: 100 million yen
- Sales: 23,292 million yen (year ended December 2013)
Teikoku Seiyaku specializes in "analgesic" and "transdermal" medications, based on the years of experience in development of anti-inflammatory/analgesic patch manufacturing technology. Our motto for "analgesic" drug development is "to release human- beings from the pain", and our "transdermal" drug development is not limited in the anti-inflammatory/analgesic field. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of people.
An outline of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma:
- Representative: Masayo Tada, President
- Location: 6-8 Doshomachi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka
- Establishment: May 1897
- Businesses: Manufacturing and sales of pharmaceuticals, food ingredients, food additives, veterinary medicines, diagnostics and others
- Accounting year: 12 months ending on March 31 each year
- Employees: 7,015 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)
- Paid-in capital: 22,400 million yen
- Sales: 387,693 million yen (consolidated, year ended March 2014)
Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma defines its corporate mission to broadly contribute to society through value creation based on innovative research and development activities for the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives for people worldwide. By pouring all efforts into the research and development of new drugs, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma aims to provide innovative and effective pharmaceutical solutions to people not only in Japan but also around the world.