Sumitomo Pharma Group is a member of the Sumitomo Group, which has a history of about 400 years.
We strive to enhance corporate value and contribute to solving social issues under the Sumitomo's Business Philosophy.
For more details about Sumitomo's history and the Sumitomo's Business Philosophy, please visit Sumitomo Group Public Affairs Committee's website.
To broadly contribute to society through value creation based on innovative research and development activities for the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives of people worldwide
- To contribute to healthcare and people's well-being based upon the principles of patient-oriented management and innovative research
- To continuously strive to maximize corporate value through constant business development and to fulfill shareholder expectations
- To create an environment in which employees can fulfill their potential and increase their creativity
- To maintain the trust of society and to contribute to the realization of a better global environment
Declaration of Conduct
At Sumitomo Pharma, directors and employees alike are determined not only to comply with all laws and regulations, but also to ensure that all corporate activities are carried out in accordance with this Declaration of Conduct. The pledges below express our commitment to contribute to improving corporate value and solving social issues.
- 1. Follow through the global slogan "Innovation today, healthier tomorrows."
- We constantly pursue self-innovation to deliver innovative products and services with speed so that people around the world can lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
- 2. Pursue trustworthy corporate activities.
- We comply with laws and regulations, and conduct transparent and fair corporate activities with the highest level of ethics.
We resolutely sever all relations with antisocial forces and organizations that pose a threat to the order and security of civil society.
- 3. Positively disclose and properly manage information.
- We disclose corporate information in a timely and appropriate manner.
We take appropriate measures to protect and manage personal and customer information acquired through corporate activities.
- 4. Improve individual capabilities and collaborate with peers.
- We work together with respects for diversity, character and personality of peers in an effort to create a healthy and safe work environment.
We focus on doing our best work as we strive for results in an organization that provides opportunities to grow and develop new skills.
- 5. Respect human rights.
- We respect the rights of all people associated with our company in conducting corporate activities.
We seek ways to work with our business partners, including suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders to promote respect for human rights.
- 6. Positively address global environmental issues.
- We positively initiate measures in acknowledgment of environmental issues, which are common challenges to humanity and important requirements for sustained corporate growth.
- 7. Build harmonious relationships with society.
We value communications with all of our stakeholders and promote initiatives contributing to the realization of a sustainable society.
We conduct business by taking into consideration the local culture and customs of the countries and regions, and contribute toward the development of the local economy and society.
Top management recognizes that it is its role to realize the spirit of this Declaration and takes the lead in an exemplary manner to implement the Declaration within the corporation and its entire corporate group, while encouraging its business counterparts to follow the same example.
In case the Declaration is violated, top management should take charge to resolve the situation and make efforts to determine the cause of infringement and prevent similar violations in the future. At the same time, top management should disclose information in a timely and appropriate manner, explain what has occurred, and, upon determining the source of competence and responsibility, impose strict disciplinary action against those held responsible, including top management itself.
The global slogan reflects our full commitment to deliver to society revolutionary pharmaceuticals, acquired through groundbreaking ideas and high-standard research and development by each individual employee's challenge for innovation, so as to help enable the patients and their families lead healthier and fulfilling lives. It also expresses our corporate mission symbolically.
Igeta, the Sumitomo trademark and the corporate symbol of Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. is a common mark for the Sumitomo Group.
The corporate color of "SMP Green" represents on the hue of fresh young leaves and other images of healthy and energetic moods, and signs of what the future holds.
For more details about the Sumitomo Trademark, please visit Sumitomo Group Public Affairs Committee's website.