With a focus on the Psychiatry & Neurology and Oncology as priority disease areas, Sumitomo Pharma Group (the “Group”) will contribute to the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives of people worldwide through diverse approaches, including pharmaceutical products, regenerative medicine/cell therapy, and non-pharmaceutical solutions. In other areas, too, the Group will leverage its assets to deliver value to patients. With this, the Group aims to establish itself as a Global Specialized Player by 2033.
Showcase Sumitomo Pharma in a nutshell
Here you can search for the strengths of Sumitomo Pharma’s business, Sumitomo Pharma’s initiatives, and other information that interests you by selecting tags.
Presentation Material (Mid-term Business Plan 2027)
Message from the President
About Sumitomo Pharma
Sumitomo Pharma’s challenge
Sumitomo Pharma’s DX
Video / Ad Library
Official Facebook page
Official YouTube channel
No results were found matching your search.
Strengths Sumitomo Pharma’s Three Strengths
- 1R&D Capabilities
- 2Human Resources
- 3Global Business Platforms
- Implementing Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Promoting Health Management
- Supporting Mental Wellbeing
- Preventing of Overwork
- Operating of Consultation Desks and Hotlines
- Providing Opportunities for Growth
- Promoting Work Style Innovation
- Achieving Work-Life Balance
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Supporting Women’s Active Participation
At Sumitomo Pharma, we build a strong corporate culture and instill professionalism in our staff through our HR management framework, which brings out the best in talents who are highly capable of achieving results based on their expertise, as well as our company-wide learning and development program. In addition, we are pursuing a variety of initiatives to further strengthen our talents and to enhance diversity and inclusion.
– a company with global business platforms
Sumitomo Pharma has established strong business foundations in Japan, the United States, and China, including local HQ, sales, and R&D functions. We aim to become a Global Specialized Player by becoming a global leader in the three research focus areas of Psychiatry & Neurology, Oncology, and Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy, as well as by pursuing our Frontier Business, which is expected to deliver synergy with our pharmaceuticals business, including product development.
Select area to see our subsidiaries information.
- -The United States
- Sumitomo Pharma (China) Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Taiwan Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- The Representative Office of Sumitomo Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. In Ho Chi Minh City
Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Osaka Head Office
- Central Research Laboratories
- Osaka Research Center
- Tokyo Head Office
- Regenerative & Cellular Medicine Kobe Center
- May 31, 2023 Sumitomo Pharma Announces Completion of Share Transfer of Consolidated Subsidiary, Sumitomo Pharma Animal Health Corporate
- May 25, 2023 Submission of clinical trial notification for RPE tear using RPE cells derived from allogeneic iPS cells (HLCR011) R&D
- May 23, 2023 Posted Investors Meeting Presentation for FY2022 (Year ended March 31, 2023) [Webcast] Finances
- May 15, 2023 Investors Meeting Presentation for FY2022 (Year ended March 31, 2023)（PDF/672KB） Finances
- May 15, 2023 Supplementary Financial Data (IFRS) for the Year Ended March 31, 2023（PDF/302KB） Finances
- May 30, 2023 Posted Notice of Convocation of the 203rd Annual Shareholders' Meeting Corporate
- Apr. 26, 2023 Sumitomo Pharma Redesigns Corporate Website Others
- Nov. 30, 2022 Posted Factbook 2022 ver.2 Others
For the Press
Our latest press releases and other information for members of the press,
including various data sets and guidelines for their use.
Sumitomo Pharma defines the practice of its Corporate Mission, “To broadly contribute to society through value creation based on innovative research and development activities for the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives of people worldwide,” as CSR-based management. To this end , Sumitomo Pharma is pursuing CSR-based management through a variety of initiatives, including the development of innovative products and healthcare solutions, and contribution to the development of science.
Message from the President, corporate profile of Sumitomo Pharma, business activities, mid-term management plan, main offices and subsidiaries, etc.
Information for shareholders and investors of Sumitomo Pharma, including management policies, IR materials, and stock and shareholder-related information.