With a focus on the Psychiatry & Neurology and Oncology as priority disease areas, Sumitomo Pharma Group (the “Group”) will contribute to the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives of people worldwide through diverse approaches, including pharmaceutical products, regenerative medicine/cell therapy, and non-pharmaceutical solutions. In other areas, too, the Group will leverage its assets to deliver value to patients. With this, the Group aims to establish itself as a Global Specialized Player by 2033.
Showcase Sumitomo Pharma in a nutshell
Here you can search for the strengths of Sumitomo Pharma’s business, Sumitomo Pharma’s initiatives, and other information that interests you by selecting tags.
Presentation Material (Mid-term Business Plan 2027)
Message from the President
About Sumitomo Pharma
Sumitomo Pharma’s challenge
Sumitomo Pharma’s DX
Video / Ad Library
Official Facebook page
Official YouTube channel
No results were found matching your search.
Strengths Sumitomo Pharma’s Three Strengths
- 1R&D Capabilities
- 2Human Resources
- 3Global Business Platforms
- Implementing Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Promoting Health Management
- Supporting Mental Wellbeing
- Preventing of Overwork
- Operating of Consultation Desks and Hotlines
- Providing Opportunities for Growth
- Promoting Work Style Innovation
- Achieving Work-Life Balance
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Supporting Women’s Active Participation
At Sumitomo Pharma, we have diligent and honest human resources with resilient and detailed execution and a framework to utilize individual employee’s capabilities. We build a strong corporate culture and instill professionalism in our staff through our HR management framework, which brings out the best in talents who are highly capable of achieving results based on their expertise and our research project system, which develops project leaders, as well as our company-wide learning and development program. In addition, as part of our initiatives to further strengthen our human resources, we are working to nurture a corporate culture imbued with an enterprising, promote Project CHANTO, develop leaders and DX human resources, as well as to enhance diversity and inclusion targeting active participation by a varied work force.
– a company with global business platforms
Sumitomo Pharma has established strong business foundations in Japan, the United States, and China, including local HQ, sales, and R&D functions.
- A solid business operation system with an excellent management team that can always communicate closely with the Company
- Know-hows in development and sales in the psychiatry and neurology area
- Strong sales structure through partnering
- Sales foundation built by MRs with high expertise in diabetes, psychiatry and neurology area, etc.
- Track record of launching competitive in-house products in the areas of infectious diseases and psychiatry and neurology as the third pillar
In addition to the above, Japan and the U.S. have healthcare technology platforms (DrugOME and Digital Innovation) that support the improvement of the probability of success in the research and development and the business return on investment.
Sumitomo Pharma promotes collaboration with partners in Europe and other regions.
Select area to see our subsidiaries information.
- -The United States
- Sumitomo Pharma (China) Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Taiwan Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Pharma Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- The Representative Office of Sumitomo Pharma Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. In Ho Chi Minh City
Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Osaka Head Office
- Central Research Laboratories
- Osaka Research Center
- Tokyo Head Office
- Regenerative & Cellular Medicine Kobe Center
- Sep. 12, 2023 Sumitomo Pharma Announces Positive Topline Results from Phase 3 Clinical Studies Evaluating Vibegron in Men with Overactive Bladder Symptoms Receiving Pharmacological Therapy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia（PDF/752KB）
- Sep. 01, 2023 Sumitomo Pharma Announces Change of European Consolidated Subsidiary’s Trade Name
- Aug. 31, 2023 Sumitomo Pharma Selected for Five Inclusions as a Constituent of GPIF-Adopted ESG Indexes
- Aug. 07, 2023 Posted Conference on Q1 FY2023 Financial Results [Webcast]
- Jul. 31, 2023 Presentation Material (Conference on Q1 FY2023 Financial Results)（PDF/608KB）
For the Press
Our latest press releases and other information for members of the press,
including various data sets and guidelines for their use.
Sumitomo Pharma defines the practice of its Mission, “To broadly contribute to society through value creation based on innovative research and development activities for the betterment of healthcare and fuller lives of people worldwide,” as Sustainability Management. To this end , Sumitomo Pharma is pursuing Sustainability Management through a variety of initiatives, including the development of innovative products and healthcare solutions, and contribution to the development of science.
Message from the President, corporate profile of Sumitomo Pharma, business activities, mid-term management plan, main offices and subsidiaries, etc.
Information for shareholders and investors of Sumitomo Pharma, including management policies, IR materials, and stock and shareholder-related information.